ALANIS MORISSETTE - THIS GRUDGE LYRICS
Artist: Alanis Morissette Lyrics
Popularity: 189 users have visited this page this week.
Fifteen seconds I've
Held this grudge
Four full journals
Thoughts of punishment
Not in contact
Not a letter
You've been vilified
Used as fodder
You deserve a piece
Of every record
But who's it hurting now?
Who's the one that's stuck?
Who's it torturing now
With an antique knot in her stomach?
I want to be big and let go
Of this grudge that's grown old
All this time I've not known
How to rest this bygone
I want to be soft and resolved
Clean of slate and released
I want to forgive for the both of us
Like an abandoned house
If I visit it now
Will I simply re-live it
But who's still aching now?
Who's tired of her own voice?
Who is it weighing down
With no gift from time of said healing
Maybe as I cut the cord
Veils will lift from my eyes
Maybe as I lay this to rest
Dead weight off my shoulders will rise
Here I sit
To draw this curtain
How this has entertained
And has served me well
Ever the victim
But who's done whining now?
Who's ready to put down
This load I've carried longer than I had cared to remember
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Alanis Morissette This Grudge Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Kanye West - Black Skinhead Lyrics
- Emblem3 - Curious Lyrics
- P!nk - Just Give Me A Reason Lyrics
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean Lyrics
- Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood Lyrics
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds Lyrics
- Shania Twain - You're Still The One Lyrics
- Michael Jackson - Beat It Lyrics
- Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing Lyrics
- Celine Dion - To Love You More Lyrics
- Scorpions - Still Loving You Lyrics