BAEZ JOAN - ANGELINE LYRICS
Artist: Baez Joan Lyrics
Popularity: 5 users have visited this page this week.
Yesterdays news was old news, the skies are all grey
Winters in labor and soon will give birth to the spring
And sprinkle the meadows with flowers for my Angeline.
Heartache and sorrow and sadness unendingly find
Wings on a memry and with them she flies to my mind
She stretched her arms for a moment, then went back to sleep
While morning stood watching me ever so silently weak.
She opened her eyes, Lord, the minute my feet touched the floor
The cold hard-wood creaked with each step that I made to the door
Then I turned to her gently and said, "Hon, just look, it is spring"
Knowing outside the window, the winter looked for Angeline.
But yesterdays newspaper forecast no rain for today,
But yesterdays news is old news the skies are all grey.
Copyright 1969 by Acuff-Rose Publications, Inc.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Baez Joan Angeline Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- A$AP Rocky - Leaks Of The Industry (Freestyle) Lyrics
- French Montana - '40 Lyrics
- Simple Plan - Perfect Lyrics
- Jessie Ware - Wildest Moments Lyrics
- The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Lyrics
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama Lyrics
- Michael Buble - It's a Beautiful Day Lyrics
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You Lyrics
- Tim Mcgraw - Live Like You Were Dying Lyrics
- The Doors - Light My Fire Lyrics
- Alan Jackson - Remember When Lyrics