BAEZ JOAN - MILANESE WALTZ, MARIE FLORE LYRICS
Artist: Baez Joan Lyrics
Popularity: 11 users have visited this page this week.
Stepping out of a crowd was the daughter of someone with flowers for me,
we were friens at a glance
She spoke no English but sat by my side in the car
And pointed out places en route to the village of Arles.
Marie, Marie Flore came to table that night as I dined in an ancient hotel
The room was outfitted with things from the seventeenth century and they suited her well
She would eat nothing but sat in her chair like a queen
And laughed at my French but seemed always to know what I mean...
Marie, Marie Flore came to hear me that night when I sang for the people of Arles
She stood back in the shadows of a ruined arena, her frame in my mind was never too far
In the rush that did follow I found she was holding my hand
And ushering me through an evening the elders had planned...
Marie, Marie Flore, I will always remember your eyes, your smile, and your grace
The gold that flowed with your laughter remains to enlighten the image I have of your face
For I have known children whose faces are wiser than time
And you, my Marie, are most certainly one of that kind...
Marie, Marie Flore, all the odds say Ill see you again, by plan or by chance
But if not, youll be there when Im dreaming of rain over Paris, or sun in the south end of France
Marie, Marie, Marie Flore...
Copyright 1970 by Chandos Music
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Baez Joan Milanese Waltz, Marie Flore Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- A$AP Rocky - Leaks Of The Industry (Freestyle) Lyrics
- French Montana - '40 Lyrics
- Simple Plan - Perfect Lyrics
- Jessie Ware - Wildest Moments Lyrics
- The Who - Behind Blue Eyes Lyrics
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama Lyrics
- Michael Buble - It's a Beautiful Day Lyrics
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You Lyrics
- Tim Mcgraw - Live Like You Were Dying Lyrics
- The Doors - Light My Fire Lyrics
- Alan Jackson - Remember When Lyrics