BILLIE HOLIDAY - STRANGE FRUIT LYRICS
Writer(s):WIGGINS, DWAYNE P. / PEARL, MAURICE / ALLAN, LEWIS
Artist: Billie Holiday Lyrics
Popularity: 67 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.
Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.
Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Billie Holiday STRANGE FRUIT Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Gucci Mane - Trap House 3 Lyrics
- Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops Lyrics
- Pink Floyd - Mother Lyrics
- The B-52's - Love Shack Lyrics
- Soul Asylum - Runaway Train Lyrics
- Coldplay - The Scientist Lyrics
- Aladdin - A Whole New World Lyrics
- The Corrs - Runaway Lyrics
- Matchbox 20 - Unwell Lyrics
- John Lennon - Woman Lyrics
- David Bowie - Ground Control To Major Tom Lyrics