BRIAN SETZER - MARIA LYRICS
Writer(s):Setzer, Brian Robert / Vanzandt, Steven
Artist: Brian Setzer Lyrics
Popularity: 20 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
Maria was sleeping when I kissed her goodbye.
I couldn't stand the sound of my children cryin' no more.
You get hungry; you get mad.
A man without hope is a man that turns bad.
I'll try my luck in Texas; adios Mexico.
Wipe away your tears, Maria;
There's a better life for us somewhere.
Let me see you smile, Maria;
Close your eyes; we're on our way there.
My country was a great one - once upon a time.
I wish I lived when you didn't need borderlines.
Somebody came and took the heart of my people away.
Now I ain't worried, baby, come hear what I say.
My people gonna rise again, fightin', someday.
I'll be there to see it; I'll be there to welcome them home.
I saw Texas; she looked so fine.
I met some other people - same story as mine.
Laughin' and drinkin', waitin' for the sun to go down.
We had life in our eyes as we crossed the border line.
Shot six good men without tellin' them why.
How could anybody steal the only thing a man has left?
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Brian Setzer Maria Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Candice Glover - I Am Beautiful Lyrics
- The Weeknd - John Carpenter Lyrics
- Nelly - Ride With Me Lyrics
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away Lyrics
- Guns N' Roses - Estranged Lyrics
- Enya - May It Be Lyrics
- Mariah Carey - My All Lyrics
- Pink - Just Like A Pill Lyrics
- Robbie Williams - Something Stupid Lyrics
- Ella Fitzgerald - Dream A Little Dream Of Me Lyrics
- Jason Mraz - The Remedy Lyrics