BURNS ROBERT - DAINTY DAVIE LYRICS
Artist: Burns Robert Lyrics
Popularity: 6 users have visited this page this week.
Meet me on the Warlock Knowe,
Dainty Davie, Dainty Davie!
There I'll spend the day wi' you,
My ain dear Dainty Davie.
Now rosy May comes in wi' flowers
To deck her gay, green-spreading bowers;
And now comes in the happy hours
To wander wi my Davie.
The crystal waters round us fa'
The merry birds are lovers a',
The scented breezes round us blaw
A wandering wi my Davie.
When purple morning starts the hare
To steal upon her early fare,
Then thro the dews I will repair
To meet my faithfu' Davie.
When day, expiring in the west,
The curtain draws o Nature's rest,
I flee to his arms I loe the best:
And that's my ain dear Davie!
This song is closely aligned with
"There Was A Lad" that is sung to
the same tune.
Tune:Dainty Davie (140)
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Burns Robert Dainty Davie Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- The Weeknd - Kiss Land Lyrics
- Jessie J - Wild Lyrics
- Eva Cassidy - Songbird Lyrics
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love Lyrics
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You Lyrics
- Goo Goo Dolls - Slide Lyrics
- Skid Row - 18 And Life Lyrics
- Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) Lyrics
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl Lyrics
- Backstreet Boys - Drowning Lyrics
- Fountains Of Wayne - Stacy's Mom Lyrics