D.I. - BACKSEAT DRIVER LYRICS
Artist: D.i. Lyrics
Popularity: 31 users have visited this page this week.
- written by Reed Nielsen & Monty Powell
I was goin' through the closet
Back in my old home
Found my letterman's jacket, so I slipped it on.
Deep in the pocket, still folded up tight
Was the letter you wrote to tell me goodbye.
The minute I saw it I just had to smile
It smelled like old leather, as smooth as a child.
I took a deep breath, then put it away.
There was no need to read, I knew just what it would say.
I know the words by heart, I know every line
From "this ain't easy" to "you'll get along just fine."
I know every comma, every question mark.
No, I don't have to look, I know the words by heart.
Scenes like home movies flash through my head.
The homecoming game, that night on my bed.
The words that you wrote still cut me in two,
How you said you still cared but that we were through.
Ain't it funny how a memory can play
tricks on your mind.
I don't remember a thing from my classes
But I can quote you every line.
I took off my jacket and put it away
With your note in the pocket
Like I found it that day.
Poured me a beer, then pictured your face
And drank a silent toast to things that time can't erase.
REPEAT CHORUS TWICE
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what D.i. Backseat Driver Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- 30 Seconds To Mars - Northern Lights Lyrics
- 30 Seconds To Mars - Birth Lyrics
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong Lyrics
- Edwin Mccain - I Could Not Ask For More Lyrics
- TLC - No Scrubs Lyrics
- Kenny Loggins - Footloose Lyrics
- The Jackson 5 - Who's Loving You Lyrics
- Lana Del Rey - Blue Velvet Lyrics
- Scorpions - Always Somewhere Lyrics
- Kenny Loggins - Danny's Song Lyrics
- Aretha Franklin - Think Lyrics