DOC WATSON - BANKS OF THE OHIO LYRICS
Artist: Doc Watson Lyrics
Popularity: 10 users have visited this page this week.
Just a little way's with me.
An' as we walked,
Then we would talk
All about our wedding day.
"Darlin', say that you'll be mine;
In our home we'll happy be,
Down beside where the waters flow,
On the banks of the Ohio."
I took her by her pretty white hand,
I led her down the banks of sand,
I plunged her in
Where she would drown,
An' watched her as she floated down.
Returnin' home between twelve and one,
Thinkin', Lord, what a deed I've done;
I'd killed the girl
I love, you see,
Because she would not marry me.
The very next day, at half past four,
The sheriff walked right to my door;
He says, "Young man,
Don't try to run.
You'll pay for this awful crime you've don."
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Doc Watson Banks Of The Ohio Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Queens Of The Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork Lyrics
- Queens Of The Stone Age - If I Had A Tail Lyrics
- Third Eye Blind - How's It Gonna Be Lyrics
- S Club - Never Had A Dream Come True Lyrics
- Westlife - I Wanna Grow Old With You Lyrics
- Beverly Craven - Promise Me Lyrics
- Gabrielle - Out Of Reach Lyrics
- Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing Lyrics
- Tyga - Do My Dance Lyrics
- Dido - Here With Me Lyrics
- Louis Armstrong - Let's Call The Whole Thing Off Lyrics