HANK SNOW - THE HIGHEST BIDDER LYRICS
Writer(s):BRYANT, BOUDLEAUX / SHURTZ, MARY JEAN / SNOW, HANK
Artist: Hank Snow Lyrics
Popularity: 7 users have visited this page this week.
Selfish greed and envy were the auctioneers.
The highest bidder won your heart but he can't hold it;
Love that's bought with gold can only end in tears.
The price I offered was my true love and devotion,
But you laughed and said that love had had its day
When at your feet I laid a heart filled with emotion,
You scorned the only price that I could pay.
May the golden price he paid you for your love, dear,
Keep you with him, may you never drift apart;
'Cause at the auction of regrettal, tears are worthless,
Bids are low for second-handed broken hearts.
When all your wealth and riches cease to give you pleasure,
When you tire of playin' princess, you'll recall
That love alone is life's true everlasting treasure,
And my bid, it was the highest after all.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Hank Snow The Highest Bidder Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Tiesto - Take Me Lyrics
- Kaskade - Atmosphere Lyrics
- Eminem - Final Battle (From 8 Mile) Lyrics
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove Lyrics
- Enrique Iglesias - Love To See You Cry Lyrics
- Mercyme - This Is The Air I Breathe Lyrics
- Box Car Racer - There Is Lyrics
- AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long Lyrics
- Tim Mcgraw - I'm Amazed By You Lyrics
- We The Kings - Find You There Lyrics
- Youngblood Hawke - We Come Running Lyrics