IDA COX - LAST MILE BLUES LYRICS
Artist: Ida Cox Lyrics
Popularity: 18 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
All I do is moan and cry
With me you'd be in sympathy if you only knew
And here's the reason why:
Have you heard what that mean old judge has done to me?
He told the jury not to let my man go free
There I stood with my heart so full of misery
He must die on the gallows, that was the court's decree
I walked the floor until his time was through
The judge he said there's nothin' you can do
He must die on the gallows, by his neck be hung
He must pay with his life when that there trap is sprung
He refused folks to talk until it was too late
He gave his life to satisfy the State
When they pull the black cap over my daddy's face
Lord I beg the sheriff to let me take his place
Now everyday I seem to see that news
I cry to hide my tears but what's the use?
Thirteen steps with his lovin' arms bound to his side
With a smile on his face that's how my daddy died
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Ida Cox Last Mile Blues Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Daft Punk - Beyond Lyrics
- Daft Punk - Instant Crush Lyrics
- Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back) Lyrics
- The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved Lyrics
- Ramones - Hey Ho, Lets Go Lyrics
- Mika - Popular Song Lyrics
- Sheryl Crow - The Picture (feat. Kid Rock) Lyrics
- Blink-182 - Down Lyrics
- Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) Lyrics
- Metallica - Turn The Page Lyrics
- Smashing Pumpkins - Today Lyrics