JACK INGRAM - MAMA TRIED LYRICS
Artist: Jack Ingram Lyrics
Popularity: 22 users have visited this page this week.
And a youngin's dream of growin' up to ride,
On a freight train leavin' town, not knowin' where I'm bound.
And no one could change my mind but Mama tried.
One and only rebel child from a family meek and mild
My mama seemed to to know what lay in store,
'Spite all my Sunday learnin' towards the bad I kept on turnin',
'Till Mama could not hold me anymore.
And I turned twenty-one in prison doin' life without parole,
No one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried.
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading I denied
And that leaves only me to blame, 'cause Mama tried
Dear ole' Daddy, rest his soul left my mom a heavy load,
She tried so very hard to feel his shoes,
Workin' hours without rest, she wanted me to have the best
She tried to raise me right but I refused.
And that leaves only me to blame, 'cause Mama tried.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Jack Ingram Mama Tried Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Daft Punk - Instant Crush Lyrics
- Daft Punk - Within Lyrics
- The Beatles - She's Leaving Home Lyrics
- Religious Music - He Touched Me Lyrics
- Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels Like Home Lyrics
- Elvis Presley - Devil In Disguise Lyrics
- The Beatles - I'll Follow The Sun Lyrics
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All Lyrics
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy Lyrics
- Natalie Imbruglia - Torn Lyrics
- Judy Garland - Good Morning Lyrics