JENNIFER BROWN - DADDY'S GONE LYRICS
Writer(s):BROWN, JENNIFER VERA / EHRLICHMANN, WILLIAM
Artist: Jennifer Brown Lyrics
Popularity: 5 users have visited this page this week.
Just tryin' to do right and just doin' her Momma wrong.
And her Daddy walked out, he was talked out, no more hangin' about.
Tryin' to keep his happy face on, guess Papa ain't that strong.
And he left his little girl in the middle of the night.
She was calling out his name after hearing them fight.
Daddy's gone, Daddy's gone, movin' on.
Leavin' Momma at home.
He found another woman.
Now he's gone.
Leaving a legacy of love gone wrong.
When she turned 21,
she found the big city life and the neon lights,
and drinkin' it up 'til dawn.
Met her boyfriend Bill, who couldn't sit still,
put her on the pill.
And still she would wake up alone,
who can run away from home.
Bill was calling up his girl in the middle of the night.
Said, I'm not your old man who ain't doin' you right.
At the age of 65, she was the single mother of nine.
Every now and then she would praise her Momma to the Lord.
With tears in her eyes,
She'd remember that night after hearing them fight.
She would never trust a man, no, never again.
With the graying in her hair and the wisdom of age.
She would try to forgive the man no one could save.
No one could save her.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Jennifer Brown Daddy's Gone Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Daft Punk - Giorgio By Moroder Lyrics
- Daft Punk - The Game of Love Lyrics
- Anastacia - Left Outside Alone Lyrics
- Abba - Dancing Queen Lyrics
- The White Stripes - Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground Lyrics
- The Killers - Somebody Told Me Lyrics
- Jojo - Weak Lyrics
- Gospel - One Day At A Time Lyrics
- Guns N' Roses - Since I Don't Have You Lyrics
- Hall & Oates - Out Of Touch Lyrics
- Christina Aguilera - Dirty Lyrics