JERRY JEFF WALKER - MR. BOJANGLES LYRICS
Writer(s):WALKER, JERRY JEFF
Artist: Jerry Jeff Walker Lyrics
Popularity: 122 users have visited this page this week.
With silver hair a ragged shirt and baggy pants,
He did the old soft shoe.
He jumped so high, jumped so high,
Then he lightly touched down.
Mister Bojangles, Mister Bojangles,
Mister Bojangles, dance.
I met him in a cell in New Orleans I was down and out.
He looked at me to be the eyes of age as he spoke right out.
He talked of life, talked of life, he laughed slapped his leg a step.
He said his name, Bojangles,
then he danced a lick, across the cell.
He grabbed his pants a better stance oh he jumped up high,
He clicked his heels, he let go a laugh, let go a laugh,
Shook back his clothes all around.
He danced for those at minstrel shows and county fairs throughout the south.
He spoke with tears of fifteen years how his dog and he traveled about.
His dog up and died, up and died,
After twenty years he still grieved,
He said, "I dance now at every chance in honky tonks for drinks and tips.
But most of them I spend behind these county bars," He said, "I drinks a bit."
He shook his head and he shook his head,
I heard someone ask him please,
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Jerry Jeff Walker Mr. Bojangles Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Daft Punk - Giorgio By Moroder Lyrics
- Daft Punk - The Game of Love Lyrics
- Boyzone - I Love The Way You Love Me Lyrics
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) Lyrics
- Barenaked Ladies - If I Had A Million Dollars Lyrics
- Oasis - Slide Away Lyrics
- Cole Porter - Anything Goes Lyrics
- Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful Lyrics
- Ten 2 Five - You Lyrics
- Whitney Houston - Run To You Lyrics
- John Michael Montgomery - I Swear Lyrics