JOHN DENVER - ME AND MY UNCLE LYRICS
Artist: John Denver Lyrics
Popularity: 9 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
From Colorado, west Texas bound
We stopped over in Santa Fe,
Part it being about half way
Besides it was the hottest part of the day
We led our ponies into the stall,
Went to a bar boys, bought drinks for all
Two days in the saddle, my body hurt.
It being Summer, took off my shirt
And tried to wash off some of that dusty dirt.
West Texas cowboys, all over town,
With gold and silver, they're loaded down.
Just in from roundup, you know it seemed a shame
And so my uncle, starts a friendly game.
Hollow Jack the winner takes a gain.
From the beginning my uncle started to win
Them Texas cowboys, they was as mad as sin
Some said he's cheating. Aw, but that can't be!
Because my uncle, he's as honest as me.
And I'm about as honest as a Denver man can be.
One of them cowboys, you know he started to draw.
I grabbed the bottle, slapped him on the jaw
I had to shoot another, now he won't grow old
In the confusion, my uncle grabbed the gold,
We hightailed it down to Mexico, Mexico, way down to Mexico
God bless cowboys, God bless gold.
God bless my uncle, God rest his soul.
He taught me well, boys, taught me all I know.
Taught me so well that I grabbed the gold
Left him lying there by the side of the road
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what John Denver Me And My Uncle Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Daft Punk - Touch Lyrics
- Daft Punk - Give Life Back to Music Lyrics
- Linkin Park - Pushing Me Away Lyrics
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone Lyrics
- Keith Urban - I Wanna Love Somebody Like You Lyrics
- Coldplay - Politik Lyrics
- Ace Hood - We Outchea Lyrics
- Udit Narayan - Papa Kehte Hain Bada Naam Karega Lyrics
- John Lennon - Mind Games Lyrics
- Dierks Bentley - What Was I Thinking Lyrics
- Rod Stewart - Make Love To Me Tonight Lyrics