JOHN DOWLAND - UNQUIET THOUGHTS LYRICS
Artist: John Dowland Lyrics
Popularity: 31 users have visited this page this week.
And wrap your wrongs within a pensive heart:
And you: my tongue that makes my mouth a mint,
And stamps my thoughts to coin them words by art,
Be still: for if you ever do the like
I'll cut the string that makes the hammer strike.
But what can stay my thoughts they may not start,
Or put my tongue in durance for to die?
When as these eyes, the keys of mouth and heart,
Open the lock where all my love doth lie;
I'll seal them up within their lids for ever:
So thought's, and words, and looks shall die together.
How shall I gaze on my mistress' eyes?
My thoughts must have some vent: else heart will break.
My tongue would rust as in my mouth it lies,
If eyes and thoughts were free, and that not speak.
Speak then, and tell the passions of desire;
Which turns mine eyes to floods, my thoughts to fire
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what John Dowland UNQUIET THOUGHTS Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Daft Punk - Touch Lyrics
- Daft Punk - Give Life Back to Music Lyrics
- Linkin Park - Pushing Me Away Lyrics
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone Lyrics
- Keith Urban - I Wanna Love Somebody Like You Lyrics
- Coldplay - Politik Lyrics
- Ace Hood - We Outchea Lyrics
- Udit Narayan - Papa Kehte Hain Bada Naam Karega Lyrics
- John Lennon - Mind Games Lyrics
- Dierks Bentley - What Was I Thinking Lyrics
- Rod Stewart - Make Love To Me Tonight Lyrics