LOREENA MCKENNITT - ON A BRIGHT MAY MORNING LYRICS
Artist: Loreena McKennitt Lyrics
Popularity: 5 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
To view the meadows and flowers gay
Whom should I spy but my own true lover
As she sat under yon willow tree
I took off my hat and I did salute her
I did salute her most courageously
When she turned around well the tears fell from her
Sayin' False young man, you have deluded me
A diamond ring I owned I gave you
A diamond ring to wear on your right hand
But the vows you made, love, you went and broke them
And married the lassie that had the land"
"If I'd married the lassie that had the land, my love,
It's that I'll rue till the day I die
When misfortune falls sure no man can shun it
I was blindfolded I'll ne'er deny"
Now at nights when I got to my bed of slumber
My thoughts of my true love run in my mind
When I turned around to embrace my darling
Instead of gold sure it's brass I find
And I wish the Queen would call home her army
From the West Indies, Amerikay and Spain
And every man to his wedded woman
In hopes that you and I will meet again.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Loreena McKennitt On A Bright May Morning Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Kat Dahlia - Fireman Lyrics
- Chvrches - Gun Lyrics
- Vicente Fernandez - Cruz De Olvido Lyrics
- Limp Bizkit - Now I Know Why You Wanna Hate Me Lyrics
- Paddy Kelly - Knick-knack-paddy-wack Lyrics
- Queens Of The Stone Age - Millionaire Lyrics
- Sarah Mclachlan - Silence Lyrics
- Enrique Iglesias - I Will Survive Lyrics
- Judy Garland - Meet Me In St. Louis Lyrics
- Paul Mccartney - Maybe Im Amazed Lyrics
- Walk To Remember - Only Hope Lyrics