MARIANNE FAITHFULL - ALONE LYRICS
Artist: Marianne Faithfull Lyrics
Popularity: 8 users have visited this page this week.
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were — I have not seen
As others saw — I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I lov'd, I lov'd alone.
Then — in my childhood — in the dawn
Of a most stormy life — was drawn
From ev'ry depth of good and ill
To mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that 'round me roll'd
In its autumn tint of gold —
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass'd me flying by —
From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Marianne Faithfull Alone Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Eve - Zero Below Lyrics
- Eve - Never Gone Lyrics
- Rod Stewart - Sailing Lyrics
- Blue - Breathe Easy Lyrics
- Linkin Park - Don't Stay Lyrics
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover Lyrics
- Loreen - Everytime Lyrics
- Oasis - Cast No Shadow Lyrics
- Afroman - Because I Got High Lyrics
- Outlandish - Aisha Lyrics
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell Lyrics