NEIL YOUNG - POWDERFINGER LYRICS
Artist: Neil Young Lyrics
Popularity: 26 users have visited this page this week.
With a big red beacon, and a flag, and a man on the rail
I think you’d better call john,
’cause it don’t look like they’re here to deliver the mail
And it’s less than a mile away
I hope they didn’t come to stay
It’s got numbers on the side and a gun
And it’s makin’ big waves.
Daddy’s gone, my brother’s out hunting in the mountains
Big john’s been drinking since the river took emmy-lou
So the powers that be left me here to do the thinkin’
And I just turned twenty-two
I was wonderin’ what to do
And the closer they got,
The more those feelings grew.
Daddy’s rifle in my hand felt reassurin’
He told me, red means run, son, numbers add up to nothin’
But when the first shot hit the docks I saw it comin’
Raised my rifle to my eye
Never stopped to wonder why.
Then I saw black,
And my face splashed in the sky.
Shelter me from the powder and the finger
Cover me with the thought that pulled the trigger
Think of me as one you’d never figured
Would fade away so young
With so much left undone
Remember me to my love,
I know I’ll miss her.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Neil Young Powderfinger Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- The Dillinger Escape Plan - Nothingâ€™s Funny Lyrics
- Man Overboard - Wide Awake Lyrics
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy Lyrics
- The Cure - Cut Here Lyrics
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life Lyrics
- Toby Keith - I Love This Bar Lyrics
- Dmx - Where Da Hood At.... Lyrics
- Queen - The Show Must Go On Lyrics
- Guerra Juan Luis - Ojala Que Llueva Cafe Lyrics
- Christina Aguilera - Can't Hold Us Down Lyrics
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town Lyrics