OLD 97'S - MAMA TRIED LYRICS
Artist: Old 97's Lyrics
Popularity: 4 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
First thing I remember knowin' was a lonesome whistle blowin'
And a young-on's dream of growing up to ride
On a freight train leaving town, not knowing where I'm bound
And no one could change my mind, but Mama tried
One and only rebel child, from a family meek and mild
Mama seemed to know what lay in store
'Spite of all my Sunday learnin', toward the bad I kept on turnin'
'Til Mama couldn't hold me anymore
And I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole
No one could steer me right, but Mama tried, Mama tried
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading I denied,
That leaves only me to blame, 'cause Mama tried
Dear old Daddy rest his soul, he left my mom a heavy load
She tried so very hard to fill his shoes
Working hours without rest, she wanted me to have the best
She tried to raise me right, but I refused
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Old 97's Mama Tried Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Parker Ighile - Beneath the Silence Lyrics
- Ella Henderson - Waiting Lyrics
- Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama Lyrics
- Eagles - Wasted Time Lyrics
- Blue October - Calling You Lyrics
- Lionel Richie - You Are The Sun, You Are The Rain Lyrics
- Blink-182 - Aliens Exist Lyrics
- George Michael - Last Christmas Lyrics
- Mariah Carey - Against All Odds Lyrics
- Sarah Mclachlan - I Love You Lyrics
- 3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun Lyrics