R.E.M. - NIGHTSWIMMING LYRICS
Writer(s):BERRY, WILLIAM / STIPE, MICHAEL / BUCK, PETER / MILLS, MIKE
Artist: R.E.M. Lyrics
Popularity: 3170 users have visited this page this week.
The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago,
Turned around backwards so the windshield shows.
Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse.
Still, it's so much clearer.
I forgot my shirt at the water's edge.
The moon is low tonight.
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.
I'm not sure all these people understand.
It's not like years ago,
The fear of getting caught,
Of recklessness and water.
They cannot see me naked.
These things, they go away,
Replaced by everyday.
Nightswimming, remembering that night.
September's coming soon.
I'm pining for the moon.
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
Could not describe nightswimming.
You, I thought I knew you.
You I cannot judge.
You, I thought you knew me,
This one laughing quietly underneath my breath.
The photograph reflects, every streetlight a reminder.
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night, deserves a quiet night.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Nightswimming gets avg. rating 9.4 out of 10 based on 36 ratings. Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what R.E.M. Nightswimming Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Say Lou Lou - Fool Of Me Lyrics
- Game - Don't Kill My Vibe (Freestyle) Lyrics
- Enya - Orinoco Flow Lyrics
- Martina Mcbride - This Ones For The Girls Lyrics
- Dhadkan Movie - Tum Dil Ki Dhadkan Mein Rehte Lyrics
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Woman Lyrics
- Lostprophets - Last Train Home Lyrics
- Enrique Iglesias - Nunca Te Olvidare Lyrics
- Savage Garden - Cherry Cola Lyrics
- Kim Walker-Smith - Still Believe Lyrics
- Sheila On 7 - Kita Lyrics