SAINTE MARIE BUFFY - THE OLD MANS LAMENT LYRICS
Artist: Sainte Marie Buffy Lyrics
Popularity: 13 users have visited this page this week.
Down by the clear river I rollicked along.
I heard an old man making sad lamentation;
He was rocking the cradle and the child not his own.
cho: Hi ho, hi ho, my laddie lie aisy
For perhaps your own daddy might never be known.
I'm sitting and sighing and rocking the cradle,
And nursin' the baby that's none of my own.
When first that I married your inconstant mother
I thought myself lucky to be blessed with a wife.
But for my misfortune, sure I was mistaken
She's proved both a curse and a plague on my life.
She goes out every night to a ball or a party
And leaves me here rockin' he cradle alone.
The innocent laddie he calls me his daddy
But little he knows that he's none of my own.
Now come all ye young men that's inclined to get married
Take my advice and let the women alone.
For by the Lord Harry, if ever you marry
They'll leave you with a baby that's none of your own.
(or "and swear it's your own".)
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Sainte Marie Buffy The Old Mans Lament Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Rod Stewart - Legless Lyrics
- Rod Stewart - Corrina Corrina Lyrics
- DJ Felli Fel - Reason To Hate Lyrics
- P.s. I Love You Movie - Love You 'till The End Lyrics
- Oasis - Hello Lyrics
- Linkin Park - Powerless Lyrics
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It Lyrics
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower Lyrics
- Fat Joe - Lean Back Lyrics
- The Killers - Believe Me Natalie Lyrics
- Eminem - Till I Collapse Lyrics