SAMMY DAVIS JR - MR BOJANGLES LYRICS
Artist: Sammy Davis Jr Lyrics
Popularity: 530 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
I knew a man, Bojangles, and he danced for you
in worn out shoes.
With silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants,
the old soft shoe.
He jumped so high, jumped so high, then he lightly touched down.
I met him in a cell in New Orleans, I was
so down and out.
He looked at me to be the eyes of age,
as he spoke right out.
He talked of life, he talked of life. He laughed, clicked heels instead.
He danced for those at minstrel shows and county fairs
throughout the South.
He spoke with tears of fifteen years how his dog and he
His dog up and died, dog up and died, after twentyyears he still grieved.
He said, I dance now at every chance in honky tonks
for drinks and tips.
But most of the time I spend behind these county bars.
He said, you see son I drinks a bit.
He shook his head and as he shook his head I heard someone ask, please please
Thats Mister Bojangles
dance dance dance,
- Jerry Jeff Walker
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Sammy Davis Jr Mr Bojangles Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Rod Stewart - Picture In a Frame Lyrics
- Eminem - Till I Collapse Lyrics
- Little Anthony - Tears On My Pillow Lyrics
- Boyz II Men - On Bended Knee Lyrics
- Mandy Moore - Only Hope from Movie A Walk To Remember Lyrics
- Tyga - Show You Lyrics
- Michael W. Smith - My Jesus, My Saviour Lyrics
- Linkin Park - Powerless Lyrics
- Incubus - Megalomaniac Lyrics
- Debarge - I Like It Lyrics