STEELEYE SPAN - SAUCY SAILOR LYRICS
Artist: Steeleye Span Lyrics
Popularity: 11 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
Come now unto me,
Could you fancy a poor sailor lad
Who has just come from sea.
You are ragged love, you are dirty love,
And your clothes smell much of tar,
So be gone you saucy sailor lad,
So be gone you Jack Tar.
If I am ragged love and I am dirty love,
And my clothes smell much of tar,
I have silver in my pocket love
And gold in great store.
And then when she heard him say so
On her bended knees she fell,
I will marry my dear Henry
For I love a sailor lad so well.
Do you think that I am foolish love,
Do you think that I am mad,
For to wed with a poor country girl
Where no fortune's to be had.
I will cross the briny ocean,
I will whistle and sing,
And since you have refused the offer love
Some other girl shall wear the ring.
I am frolicsome, I am easy,
Good tempered and free,
And I don't give a single pin my boys
What the world thinks of me.
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what Steeleye Span Saucy Sailor Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Rod Stewart - Can't Stop Me Now Lyrics
- Elton John - Blessed Lyrics
- Linkin Park - Nobody's Listening Lyrics
- Gipsy Kings - Hotel California Lyrics
- Lionel Richie - How Long Lyrics
- Metallica - Enter Sandman Lyrics
- Wham! - Careless Whisper Lyrics
- Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon Theme Lyrics
- Mariah Carey - Anytime You Need A Friend Lyrics
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You Lyrics