THE BEATLES - LOVELY RITA LYRICS
Writer(s):LENNON, JOHN WINSTON / MCCARTNEY, PAUL JAMES
Artist: The Beatles Lyrics
Popularity: 38 users have visited this page this week.
Date: Originally added at 6:54 am October 07, 2003.
Nothing can come between us,
When it gets dark I tow your heart away.
Standing by a parking meter,
When I caught a glimpse of Rita,
Filling in a ticket in her little white book.
In a cap she looked much older,
And the bag across her shoulder
Made her look a little like a military man.
Lovely Rita meter maid,
May I inquire discreetly,
When are you free to take some tea with me.
Took her out and tried to win her,
Had a laugh and over dinner,
Told her I would really like to see her again,
Got the bill and Rita paid it,
Took her home I nearly made it,
Sitting on the sofa with a sister or two.
Oh, lovely Rita meter maid,
Where would I be without you,
Give us a wink and make me think of you
Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what The Beatles Lovely Rita Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- Ludacris - 9 Times Out Of 10 Lyrics
- 2Pac (Tupac Shakur) - Runnin' (Dying To Live) Lyrics
- Air - You Make It Easy Lyrics
- Blink-182 - Violence Lyrics
- Gloria Estefan - Conga Lyrics
- Kylie Minogue - Red Blooded Woman Lyrics
- Christopher Cross - Swept Away Lyrics
- Elvis Presley - Wooden Heart Lyrics
- Martina Mcbride - God's Will Lyrics
- The Killers - Under The Gun Lyrics