THE BEATLES - LOVELY RITA LYRICS
Writer(s):LENNON, JOHN WINSTON / MCCARTNEY, PAUL JAMES
Artist: The Beatles Lyrics
Popularity: 40 users have visited this page this week.
Nothing can come between us,
When it gets dark I tow your heart away.
Standing by a parking meter,
When I caught a glimpse of Rita,
Filling in a ticket in her little white book.
In a cap she looked much older,
And the bag across her shoulder
Made her look a little like a military man.
Lovely Rita meter maid,
May I inquire discreetly,
When are you free to take some tea with me.
Took her out and tried to win her,
Had a laugh and over dinner,
Told her I would really like to see her again,
Got the bill and Rita paid it,
Took her home I nearly made it,
Sitting on the sofa with a sister or two.
Oh, lovely Rita meter maid,
Where would I be without you,
Give us a wink and make me think of you
If you believe the lyrics are not correct you can Submit Corrections to us
Rate the song now!!!
Add a comment and share what The Beatles Lovely Rita Lyrics means to you with your friends:
- We The Kings - Find You There Lyrics
- Martina Mcbride - Independence Day (Martina Mcbride) Lyrics
- Louis Armstrong - When The Saints Go Marching In Lyrics
- The Killers - Under The Gun Lyrics
- Air - You Make It Easy Lyrics
- Counting Crows - I Am Ready Lyrics
- Five - We Will Rock You Lyrics
- Taylor Swift - State of Grace Lyrics
- The Pretty Reckless - Kill Me Lyrics
- Pepe Aguilar - Por Mujeres Como Tu Lyrics
- Craig David - Rendezvous Lyrics