unknown Fiddlers Green Cavalry LyricsArtist: unknown
Popularity : 183 users have visited this page.
Fiddler's Green (Cavalry)
Halfway down the trail to hell
In a shady meadow green,
Are the souls of all dead troopers camped
Near a good old-time canteen
And this eternal resting place
Is known as Fiddler's Green.
Marching past, straight through to hell,
The infantry are seen, '
Accompanied by the Engineers,
Artillery and Marine,
For none but the shades of Cavalrymen
Dismount at Flddlers' Green.
Though some go curving down the trail
To seek a warmer scene,
No trooper ever gets to Hell
Ere he's emptied his canteen,
And so rides back to drink agaln
With friends at Fiddlers' Green.
And so when man and horse go down
Beneath a saber keen,
Or in a roaring charge or fierce melee
You stop a bullet clean,
And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
Just empty your canteen,
And put your pistol to your head
And go to Fiddlers' Green.
Note: as far as we can tell, immediate post-Civil War RG
From Sound Off!, Dolph
The hottest lyrics from unknown
- Miss Suzy Had A Steamboat Lyrics
- Miami Dolphins Fight Song Lyrics
- Keep Your Hands On The Plow Lyrics
- I'se The B'y That Builds The Boat Lyrics
- Nelly Bly Lyrics
- When Jesus Wept Round Lyrics
- Song Of The Temperance Union Lyrics
- Funny Happy Birthday Song Lyrics
- Fling It Here Fling It There Lyrics
- Two Brothers Civil War Lyrics