unknown I'se The B'y That Builds The Boat LyricsArtist: unknown
Last update: March 8, 2015
Popularity : 852 users have visited this page.
sponsored links1. I'se the b'y that builds the boat,
And I'se the b'y that sails her.
I'se the b'y that catches the fish
And takes it home to Lizer.
Hip yer partner, Sally Tibbo.
Hip yer partner, Sally Brown.
Fogo, Twillingate, Mor'ton's Harbour,
All around the circle.
2. Sods and rinds to cover yer flake,
Cake and tea for supper,
Codfish in the spring of the year
Fried in maggoty butter.
3. I don't want your maggoty fish,
That's no good for winter.
I can buy as good as that
Down in Bonavista.
4.I took Liza to a dance
And faith but she could travel.
Ev'ry step that she did take
Was up to her knees in gravel.
Note: Fogo, Twillingate, Mor'ton's Harbour are small
outports around Notre Dame Bay in Newfoundland.
Some versions say "Sally Thibeau," same pronunciation.
I believe "flake" is a local fish?
words & music: Traditional
copyright: Public domain
Sources: -Spirit of Singing, Wood Lake Books 1994
-Canadian Folk Songs for the Young
Douglas & McIntyre, Vancouver, 1975
The hottest lyrics from unknown
- Miss Suzy Had A Steamboat Lyrics
- Miami Dolphins Fight Song Lyrics
- Keep Your Hands On The Plow Lyrics
- I'se The B'y That Builds The Boat Lyrics
- Nelly Bly Lyrics
- When Jesus Wept Round Lyrics
- Song Of The Temperance Union Lyrics
- Funny Happy Birthday Song Lyrics
- Fling It Here Fling It There Lyrics
- Two Brothers Civil War Lyrics