unknown There Is A Tavern In Town LyricsArtist: unknown
Popularity : 40 users have visited this page.
There is a Tavern in the Town
There is a tavern in the town, in the town
And there my true love sits him down, sits him down,
And drinks his wine as merry as can be,
And never, never thinks of me.
Fare thee well, for I must leave thee,
Do not let this parting grieve thee,
And remember that the best of friends
Must part, must part.
Adieu, adieu kind friends, yes, adieu
I can no longer stay with you, stay with you,
I'll hang my harp on the weeping willow tree,
And may the world go well with thee.
He left me for a damsel dark, damsel dark,
Each Friday night they used to spark,
Used to spark,
And now my love who once was true to me
Takes this dark damsel on his knee.
And now I see him nevermore, nevermore;
He never knocks upon my door, on my door;
Oh, woe is me; he pinned a little note,
And these were all the words he wrote:
Oh, dig my grave both wide and deep, wide and deep;
Put tombstones at my head and feet, head and feet
And on my breast you may carve a turtle dove,
To signify I died of love.
@courtship @death @infidelity
The hottest lyrics from unknown
- Miss Suzy Had A Steamboat Lyrics
- Miami Dolphins Fight Song Lyrics
- Keep Your Hands On The Plow Lyrics
- I'se The B'y That Builds The Boat Lyrics
- Nelly Bly Lyrics
- When Jesus Wept Round Lyrics
- Song Of The Temperance Union Lyrics
- Funny Happy Birthday Song Lyrics
- Fling It Here Fling It There Lyrics
- Two Brothers Civil War Lyrics