Who Sang Broken? Folly
Release Date: 2006-2-21
producer: Sal Villanueva
vocal: Jon Tummillo
mixer: Tim Gilles
recording engineer: Chris Gachot, Erin Farley and Alex Eddings
guitar: Geoff Towle and Agim Colaku
drums (drum set): Anthony Wille
bass guitar: Arben Colaku
Some other versions of "Broken"
- Song TitleRelease TitleYearArtist
- BrokenBroken / Albert Flasher1971The Guess Who
- BrokenSongs From the Big Chair1985Tears for Fears
- BrokenAfter the Fact1987M.I.A.
- BrokenClarkesville1987Green on Red
- BrokenAgainst The Grain1987Altar Boys
- BrokenInside Yours1990Gruntruck
- BrokenIt's Always Darkest Before the Dawn1990Turning Point
- BrokenWeed Forestin1990Sebadoh
- BrokenMighty Like a Rose1991Elvis Costello
- BrokenHello, BETTY!1991Betty
- BrokenPlease1993Matt Nathanson
- BrokenSimple Rule1993Leyers, Michiels & Soulsister
- BrokenWonderful Virus1993Green Apple Quick Step
- BrokenAnother Day in Paradise1994Strung Out
- BrokenSilver1994The Wrens
- BrokenMother Tongue1994Mother Tongue
- BrokenLove Songs for the Unloved1995Sheer Terror
- BrokenObsessions1995Corpus Delicti
- BrokenOvernight Sensation1996Motörhead
- BrokenYear of the Rat1996NY Loose
- BrokenUnder the Influence of Bad People1997Screw 32
- BrokenWhere You Put Your Trust1997Pridebowl
- BrokenFull Circle1997Pennywise
- BrokenButterfly1997Tapping the Vein
- BrokenBuilt to Last1997Built to Last
Breathe me in like air, innocent.
My fingers bleed.
I've been writing too much.
Preventing these words from searing my battered throat.
And I can't even scream so I sketch your face.
Each line was a cry.
Each curve bore blindness.
Prevent my arms from failing.
Limitless expressions to your face I can't conform,
But give hands the chance voice wouldn't have.
It was the first time that our words kissed, but our lips, they didn't even touch.
No skin on skin.
The first time in my life that I existed.
And each time that we breathed, we were reborn.
We're reborn each time we breathe.
These nights were gaining strength yet losing ground.
A short-lived grace.
I taste your ways with a pen in my hand, in my hand, in my hand.
I taste your ways.
Well, in a matter of time my life went from day to night, incriminating textures.
Where on earth did you go?
What happened to us?
With this retouching paint, I will use a brush, apply it to your canvas.
This was once a beautiful painting.
Each lasting memory will control each word that I write.
And I used to think that my hands could dance.
I only needed to hold myself up.
You were never a crutch as you tore me away like this fringed papers' edge.
You were never a crutch?
But now I see my hand's been broken for quite some time.
These memories impale the senses to this day.