Who Sang Down by the River? Pulp
Release Date: 1992-7
Genre: Electronic Rock Pop
Style: Art Rock/Synth-pop/Indie Rock/Disco
producer: Alan Smyth and Pulp
membranophone: Nick Banks
vocal: Jarvis Cocker
engineer: Alan Fisch
violin: Russell Senior
guitar: Jarvis Cocker and Russell Senior
keyboard: Candida Doyle
bass guitar: Steve Mackey
Some other versions of "Down by the River"
- Song TitleRelease TitleYearArtist
- Down by the RiverEverybody Knows This Is Nowhere1969Neil Young with Crazy Horse
- Down by the RiverThem Changes1970Buddy Miles
- Down by the RiverCosmic Truth1975The Undisputed Truth
- Down by the RiverTell Me the Truth1990Timothy B. Schmit
- Down by the RiverBad to the Bone1992Inner Circle
- Down by the RiverBuch and the Snake Stretchers1992Roy Buchanan
- Down By The RiverUnderworld / Lies / Down By The River1993Dwarves
- Down by the RiverBeach Boys See Dee +1996Pere Ubu
- Down by the RiverBitch1997Meredith Brooks
- Down by the RiverSelf Made Maniac1997China Drum
- Down by the RiverSupernatural1998Des’ree
- Down by the RiverRevolution1999Hypnogaja
- Down by the riverDoubtfool2000Lack of Limits
- Down by the RiverBlue Obsession2000Michael McDonald
- Down by the RiverMore Teachings...2001Morgan Heritage
- Down by the RiverIn the Fishtank, Volume 72001Low + Dirty Three
- Down by the RiverThe Monkey Puzzle2006UFO
- Down by the RiverDead Man's Suit2009Jon Allen
- Down by the RiverRunning on Air2010Bliss n Eso
- Down by the RiverSadnecessary2013Milky Chance
- Down by the RiverTomorrow's ChildrenPete Seeger
- Down by the RiverWhat's So FunnyLaughing Colors
- Down by the RiverSing & SwingAlbert Hammond
Take me down,
to the river,
where I would not go before.
Through the trees and the rushes,
to a place we both know.
And I'm feeling much younger,
as I kneel on the ground,
Dip my toe in the water,
of the river where I watched you drown
Nadadum nananana nana na...
Oh when the river ran dry that next year,
I could not find your body.
Now I'm standing here ready at last,
to dive down and reach you again.
And I long to be with you
Now these cold nights have come,
oh I go down to the river,
but the river will stop for no-one.
Though I ask it it keeps flowing on,
When I ask it,
it tells me you're gone.