Who Sang Hurt? Vicious Crusade
Release Date: 2002-3-27
Style: Thrash/Folk Rock/Goth Rock
Some other versions of "Hurt"
- Song TitleRelease TitleYearArtist
- HurtHurt1973Bobby Vinton
- HurtFrom Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee1976Elvis Presley
- HurtThe Manhattans1976The Manhattans
- HurtTorch1981Carly Simon
- HurtTemptation1982New Order
- HurtOld Flame1985Juice Newton
- HurtAmong My Souvenirs1989Connie Francis
- HurtNow and Forever1990Andy Tielman
- HurtToo Good to Be True1992Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- HurtSongs About Chris1993Eric’s Trip
- HurtThe Downward Spiral1994Nine Inch Nails
- HurtAbove the Lisa Drugstore1998Gore Slut
- HurtYou Come and Go Like a Pop Song1999The Bicycle Thief
- HurtYou'll Never Walk Alone / The Golden Boy1999Roy Hamilton
- HurtGhosts I Have Been2000Faith Assembly
- HurtFire2002Ashes You Leave
- HurtJust a Little Sentimental / Turn the Lights Down Low2002Marty Robbins
- HurtHurt / Personal Jesus2003Johnny Cash
- HurtThe Dark Side2004Gregorian
- HurtAnother Hostile Takeover2005Hanoi Rocks
- HurtBack For More2005Shawn Desman
- HurtThe Art of Breaking2005Thousand Foot Krutch
- HurtKing Creole2006Christer Sjögren
- HurtNaked Truth2006Jeanette
- HurtBack to Basics2006Christina Aguilera
- HurtThe Cycle2006Absurd Minds
- HurtLullaby Renditions of Nine Inch Nails2007Rockabye Baby!
- HurtT.I. vs. T.I.P.2007T.I. feat. Alfa Mega
I hide my shame in dusk of night,
That shelters me so lonely.
Why take me to the rays of light?
You know it hurts.
You cradle me in your embrace,
But I'm still cold and scared.
By demons of the past I'm chased
And they still hurt.
And I've lost the key from the real me,
Me that down I've trod.
Now it's me that screams and hurts.
Now it's me I hide down deep inside.
Me I would retain, real me that I have slain.
The me I've slain...
Why strip me just to see the scars?
You want to cut your own?
You want new day to come for us
To see me hurt?
Say you love me, say you will.
Lie to me, but say
'Bout love that I no longer feel.
And let it hurt.
And I don't believe that it will hurt when sun is shining.
And I just believe that hurt will go with raise of dawn.
I'll take your love, your love that I am still denying.
It will not hurt, it won't really be so wrong.